Edit 8/3, 12:48: Despite The Oddity of E.F. Lavender, etc., Sam Sewell has raised very good points (see comments). I.O's suspension of disbelief is... creeking and groaning and striving to engage.... More in the morning....
Edit 8/3, 12:32+: A bit later (a-hem) than a morning report: Arguments against the authenticity of the Kenyan "Certified Copy of Registration of Birth," plus some counterarguments. Numerous points are being made on the Internet, in forums and blogs. I'll try to keep updating with the most pertinent of them.
- It is a 1964 document, not 1961: it would seem that this protracted certification of a certification my have been made by response to a request to the judge handling the Stanley Ann / BHO I divorce in Hawaii, in 1964. The divorce proceeding was ostensibly filed by Stanley Ann Obama on January 20, 1964 and the custody of Barack II was finalized on March 20, 1964. (h/t: Lame Cherry, FreeRepublic posters, Emudude, and Sam Sewell).
- It labels the nation, "Republic of Kenya" as of February 17th, 1964; however Kenya, which was pronounced independent on December 12, 1963 as the "Dominion of Kenya," was officially pronounced the Republic of Kenya on, ostensibly, December 12, 1964 (h/t: Harl Delos). Everything should be researched. For all I know, the Kenyans could have printed these forms toward the end of 1963, expecting the nation to be called "Republic of Kenya" and did not want to waste the forms. Odd things happen.
- The apparent registrar's name, "E.F. Lavender" coincides with a brand of soap currently being sold in Kenya, "Earth Friendly Lavender." Counterpoint: so, what; Lavender is a common name among the British; so are names beginning in E and F.
- Mystery of the Two Copies, below -- There are two copies of this document which have been photographed. One would appear to be a more tattered, potentially pre-perferated, older copy, and the other, appears to be a color photocopy of the first (see the reddish brown stane on the word "Maiden" and it's reverse stain on the part of the paper folded over it). However, the fresher looking copy appears to have been folded with the former -- even though the folds of the apparently older copy appear much more worn. Edit: See the commentary to this article, for a theory to solve this mystery. Check out the apparently tattered edges and that rip at the top. Do they look natural?
- Orly Taitz -- It has been mentioned that if someone were trying to discredit the constitutional accountability movement, seeking to bring Obama to justice against the "natural born Citizen" standard, then Orly Taitz would be likely to take the bait and flaunt a planted forgery, due to her faulty track record. However, she is also very aggressive and a lightning rod for all concerned.
click to enlarge