Wednesday, September 9, 2009

'We are God's Partners in Matters of Life and Death,' sayeth Barack

On the Eve of Obama's Speech...

by James Simpson

I think it is instructive to remind people of exactly who it is we are dealing with here. Andrew Klavan wrote a devastating piece regarding Obama's August 19th call to Rabbis on his healthcare plan, where Obama was quoted as saying:

"We are God’s partners in matters of life and death."
Let that sink in for a minute...
"We are God’s partners in matters of life and death."
Klavan took issue with Obama's interpretation of his role vis-a-vis God. I quote:
In response to this statement I would like to make a subtle theological point: No, we’re not. For those of you who aren’t versed in the finer points of theology, let me try to simplify that for you: No. We’re not. Or to put it even more simply: No. We. Are. Not.
How could Obama say something like that? It still stuns me. Maybe the man really does think he's the Messiah. After all, Louis Farrakhan, another, er... man of God, believes him to be.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't take issue with "differently abled" people who imagine they are co-equal partners with God. I firmly believe they should be entitled to all the free healthcare they need, and free room, board, and round-the-clock medications.

However, these people should be subject to some modest restraints as well. For example, they should be prohibited from purchasing a handgun. As a lifetime NRA member, I am with Brady on that one. Similarly they shouldn't be allowed to drive. They should be let off the grounds every now and then...

But under no circumstances should they be allowed to be President of the United States!

Who vetted this man? Who checked his background?

We did. Many of us.

More importantly, who listened?

Are you listening now?

3 comments:

String'n and Strow'n said...

I could not have said it better myself. Excellent article. Excellent point. I'm passing you on through my blog ...www.stringingandstrowing.blogspot.com. God bless those who speak the truth. Sandra

Still a Patriot said...

Hi Arlen -

WOW - I hadn't been aware of that comment. The audacity of arrogance! I guess his paygrade has been increased by usurping the Presidency. I'll be passing this on.

Thanks for enlightening us every day - Susan

Arlen Williams said...

Good to know you're out there, Sandra. Adding to I.O's blogroll.

Thank you both for your truly positive words and I'll let Mr. Simpson know.